Choose my floor
Installation and maintenance
How to clean your Laminate Floor
Laminate is a flooring material that’s often chosen for its durability and the low maintenance it requires. And for good reasons!
- The surface treatment makes it resistant to shocks, scratches and stains
- The melamine it contains has antibacterial properties
- The tight locking system keeps the floor stable preventing the formation of gaps where dust could settle
Keep your laminate floors sparkling clean!
Sweeping or vacuuming.
Mopping with a damp cloth and gentle detergent.
Cleaning up stains
Remove spills and stains as they occur, rubbing with a dry cloth moistened with a gentle cleaning agent. Never spray a cleaning product directly onto the floor.
- Remove rubber, plastic and heel marks by rubbing with a dry cloth and acetone
- Remove shoe polish, paint and ink with a cloth soaked in acetone, paint thinner or vinegar essence
- Remove candlewax and chewing-gum, once hardened, with a blunt plastic scraper
Repairing minor damage
Minor damage such as nicks, dents or scratches can be repaired with a laminate repair kit.
Five quick tips to keep your laminate floor beautiful
- Place doormats at all exterior doorway entrances
- Affix felt protectors under furniture legs
- Do not slide heavy furniture across the floor
- Never use abrasives
- Avoid splashing water on the floor
Ready to enjoy an easy living floor? Our find your floor tool will help you make the perfect choice.
The quick way to select your floor, to find a retailer, to check how many m² you need to buy or to visualize our different flooring solutions in home settings.