What is sustainability?
What does sustainability mean to us?
At Tarkett, we’re committed to creating flooring that’s good for people and for the planet. We design all our products with present and future generations in mind. We call this Tarkett Human-Conscious DesignTM. We aim to positively impact your lives, giving you the peace of mind that you’ve made the right choice for your family and the environment, when you opt for Tarkett flooring.
So what do we focus on and what does it mean to you?
- Creating a circular economy and tackling climate change – We’re designing out waste to create products that last longer, can be used again and again, and safely recycled. This saves natural resources and helps prevent climate change, helping you to do your bit for the planet.
- Opting for good materials – We have our materials scrutinised by Cradle to CradleⓇ design experts and we’re always trying to do better, making material choices that are good for you and the environment.
- Caring about your health and wellbeing – We put your health first, designing flooring that contributes to better air quality in your home, keeps noise levels low and is a pleasure to walk on. So you have a comfortable space where you feel good.
We’ve been making progress on providing you with healthier, safe environments for over 140 years. It’s part of who we are. We work together with our employees and our partners to set new standards, leading the way in our industry on closed loop recycling and indoor air quality. And we’ll keep going.
Memberships and certifications
We set ourselves ambitious sustainability goals and seek third-party accreditation to measure our progress. For example, we work with the scientific institute EPEA to apply Cradle to Cradle® principles throughout our activities. We also work with NGOs, industry associations and governments, and participate in collective action. For example:
- We participate in Globe EU initiatives
- We are a member of the Ellen MacArthur Foundation
- We apply the ten principles of the United Nations Global Compact (UNGC), communicating our results annually to comply with the ’Advanced’ level standard we reached in 2012.
- We contribute to several of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Making conscious choices. For people and planet.
Tarkett Human-Conscious DesignTM
More sustainable stories
Climate and circular economy
Contributing to a better future, together. We tackle climate change and resource scarcity by eco-designing our products, using recycled content and recycling our flooring when they reach end of life.
Our material choices matter. This is why our good material choices are scrutinised by third-party experts and we’re always trying to do better, making material choices that are good for you and the environment.
Health and wellbeing
Making your home healthier – We put your health first, designing flooring that contributes to better air quality in your home, keeps noise levels low and is a pleasure to walk on.